Saturday, May 19, 2007

Cha Cha Diva Wins!


Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather when Jaslene and Natasha were selected as the two finalists, sending Renee home. I thought Renee was a sure thing. While I wasn't surprised that Jaslene got in, I absolutely did not think Natasha deserved to be there. Don't get me wrong, Natasha was a nice enough girl, but I just don't have a clue what they saw in her. I could see her doing print work, but not runway. When the three of them did their Covergirl shoot, I didn't even want to listen to Natasha. Jaslene was smart to add a little flavor to hers when she threw in the spanish.

So then Jaslene and Natasha did the final runway and Natasha lost her skirt. She kept her cool and just stepped out of it and kept walking. But other than that, I just didn't see anything worth getting hyped about with her. Her face is very full and round looking which makes her look chubby and she doesn't have much neck. And I think her accent is always going to be her downfall if the job calls for voice-work.

I had to give it to Jaslene on the runway. Her walk was much stronger than Natasha's. Overall, she had a stronger start and her pictures were usually edgier than everone else's. While I'm not absolutely thrilled with the final choice (like Danielle, she's going to have to work on her voice), I'm always happy when they choose against the norm. I think this is the first Latina winner.

6 comments:

KnottyAuthor said...

i was happy for jaslene...i watched the final shows,but i didnt get this season at all

Goodnapps said...

Great summary!

Cluizel said...

Yeah! I was happy just because it was a cute story...she got rejected before and then came back and made it.

She does do "fierce" very well. lol

I feel sorry for Renee...she was good...and she was eliminated because she "looked old" Ouch...that sucks

Aya said...

I don't watch the show, but you're doing a great job commentating(-: You go!!!!!

ayankha said...

good analysis. it's kinda sad that there was no one that just stood out this season. yes even jaslene's size -2 self in all her cha-cha divaness. my thrills came this weekend when vh1 aired the very 1st season. but i guess jaslene will have to do for now.

BlaqKofi said...

It was unfair that they deemed Rene too old looking, but perhaps her oldness came from being so damn mean to the other girls. What goes around comes around and based on her attitude alone, I wouldn't have picked her. I didn't think Natassa was very pretty on the runway, but some of her prints were good. I'm happy for Jalene - she barrio fabulous and entertaining despite her broad shoulders and tiny, tiny waste...(yes I am envious of the wasteline as mine continues to expand.)