Thursday, May 10, 2007

Told Ya So!

In my last post, I said I hoped Dionne and Brittany made it to the finals, but also that I doubted it would happen. I was right.

Last week, poor Brittany had a melt down when she was late getting to a meeting. Standing outside the entrance screaming about it not being her fault, while not even having the courtesy to step in and at least apologize for being late was just not professional. I knew then that she’d be in the bottom two. But the nail in her coffin was the fact that none of the designers from her go-sees offered to book her. That was a surprise, although I gotta admit that her walk was weak. I guess her lack of personality did her in. But this was a great picture.

Was I the only one who thought that Tyra was going to say something about Dionne asking whether she could keep the clothes? She must have asked at least three times! And it was probably more since they had to edit the footage. Tacky! But she was the other one in the bottom two but was saved because she had more personality than Brittany. The judges got on her about her mean look and they’re right. Instead of coming off as intensity, she just looks evil! Which is so different from what her personality appears to be. Maybe they should have eased up on the arch of her brow. Nevertheless, I thought this was by far Dionne’s best picture.


So this week there were four left. Dionne, Jaslene and Renee plotted to get rid of Natasha while she was sick in bed. Now die-hard ANTM watchers know that there were at least two prior contestants who actually went to the hospital, then dragged themselves to a shoot and judging and rocked it! Two of them also won. Don’t remember? The two I remember were Adrienne and especially Danielle. So Natasha’s little sniffles didn’t seem like all that big a deal and her photos were horrible. But I can’t believe that this was the best one they could find.



And as much as I hated to admit it, Renee’s photos were the best. While I didn’t particularly care for Jaslene’s photo, I know she got picked because they’ve considered her photos to be consistently strong overall. So that left Dionne and Natasha. Regardless of the fact that Dionne didn’t pick herself when asked whom she believed had the most potential (Duh! What are you here if not to win??!), I knew that a bad shoot for Natasha wasn’t going to cause her to be sent home when she’s been picked first for the last two or three weeks. But this wasn't a great photo of Dionne, so she was sent home.


So we’re down to the final three and the finale next week. The Covergirl spokesmodel shoot has traditionally occurred at this point and they’re usually required to walk around while trying to look at the camera, hold a product in focus and say “…Blah, blah, blah, easy breezy, beautiful Covergirl!” Based on this, I think either Natasha or Jaslene go home next. And I think Renee will win.

6 comments:

Cluizel said...

Yeah...as much as I disliked Renee, she does take good pictures...and her attitude has improved a lot.

The Covergirl commercial will mos def knock out Natasha or Jaslene. I don't know why, maybe because she wants it so bad, but I wouldn't mind seeing Jaslene win. She does only have a few looks...they are really tight...but only a few.

Sigh...and another season is coming to a close.

And Natasha needs to stop...wahh wahh...man up and take a picture! lol. The way she was talking on the phone was strange...ugh stupid, I would stare at you too if it looked like you were making out with a phone on the bed next to me with the phone on speaker...strange little chick

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Okay, this is totally unrelated to your topic, but I just wanted to wish you a Happy Mothers' Day tomorrow. Hope it will be extra special for you.

AB said...

I really want Jaslene to win but yea I'm not sure if she will.

Tafari said...

Cha Cha Diva Baby!!!!!!!!!

Goodnapps said...

Hey Lady - where is your update?
I watched the finale and it was quite interesting to see that Renee go home when it looked like she would be the winner. They are definitely going for the unpredicable and who can blame them. It wouldn't be much to talk about otherwise. I thought it was so cute when they made the comment it was the battle of the accents. But as they went over the journey of each lady - I knew hands down Jaslene would be the winner. She finished and ended stronger than Natasha. I was very happy with the outcome of the finale.

Goodnapps said...

oops..She started and ended stronger