Monday, June 18, 2007

Six fantastic looking women!

Yes, I know I'm slow sometimes - but I'm on vacation! As you can tell by these few pictures, we all had a great time! In fact, we were so busy talking that we didn't even bother to take any pictures until the very end. So what did we talk about? Hair, of course! And men, and kids, and hair, and men with boats....

I met two of the ladies for the first time, Ms. D, far left in the back row, and Ms. R, second from the right in the back row. Ms. D has had her SL's for about a year and they looked so cute and cutly. She even had a beautiful piece of hair jewelry. Ms. R is a very fresh newbie, having just had hers installed about two weeks ago. She started with all natural shoulder length hair. And contrary to her own thoughts, everyone thought her hair looked beautiful and will only get moreso I've known Ms. DE, second from the left in the back row, for several years. She's also a newbie, having had hers installed about 2 months ago. I think I'll take credit for finally convincing her to take the plunge! Her hair is full and has a beautiful color. I think most of you know QuietSpirit, front left. Her SL's will be 8 years old this summer and her hair is just about the thickest I've ever seen. And just think, all that length and she had cut about 8 inches off a few years ago. We're going to have to get together so I can give her the crash course in softspike setting so she can finally use hers. And last, but not least, Energyteacher, front right, who's at the year and a half mark. She still has cute little curlies at the ends.

I really appreciate these opportunities that we have to get together and just talk. They're about so much more than hair.

Save the date!!! The first weekend in October (October 6 and 7) is the annual Locks Conference in Philadelphia. Last year, we had about 15 people join us for classes, presentations, entertainment and opportunities to buy beautiful products for locks. We capped off the day with a lively dinner and rounds of picture taking. We'll be organizing something along those lines again, so watch out for information probably sometime in September. We're hoping to make this one even bigger and better than last year!

7 comments:

brunsli said...

Six fantastic looking women indeed!

Looks like you had a great time! Are you on a boat, or just close to shore?

Cluizel said...

YEAH! I'll be back for the lock conference! Maybe THIS time people won't think I got my locks started at the conference! poo

ooohhh...looks like fun!

KnottyAuthor said...

hmmmm this looks like fun! i want to go!

Goodnapps said...

You all look wonderful indeed.

Wish I could be there.

Abena Abena said...

What a blessing!!!! I can tell by the photo's that you all had a great time.

Aya said...

Fantastic is right. You all look so good, and were having a good time. I van't wait till our next gathering.

Brenda said...

Brunsli - Yes, the restaurant is on the piers at the Delaware River. We had a fantastic day, sunny, light breeze and moderately warm.

Cluizel - I'm looking forward to seeing you again!

Cheles - You could drive... and bring...

Goodnapps - with you! Love to see you again too!

Chosen Vessel - Thanks, it was great.

Aya - I'd come out for that!