Thursday, June 28, 2007

TAGGED!… AGAIN??… NOW 7 THINGS??!!

In fact, I've been so slow to post that I just discovered that I was tagged twice!

Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to then report this on their own blog with their 7 things as well as these rules. They then need to tag 7 others and list their names on their blog. They are also asked to leave a comment for each of the tagged, letting them know they have been tagged and to read the blog.

OK - Last time it was only 5 and I had to think long and hard to come up with those things I was willing to share. Not that I’ve led a totally boring existence, but while you do want the facts to be somewhat amusing or entertaining and a little revealing, you don’t want to let everyone in on all the sordid details! Anyway…

1. The summer I turned 13, my parents bought a Mr. Softee ice cream truck and made my older sister and me work on it. Yes, we got paid and we thought it was good money. Looking back, it wasn’t even minimum wage! At first it was great eating all the ice cream you wanted (salary perk?). But you would not believe how the ice cream smell stays with you. And you don’t want to know what re-run is! After working a few months, I was so over it. To this day, I don’t eat soft-serve custard ice cream.

2. During elementary and high school, I was much more (ok – totally more) athletic than I am now. I used to run track (50 and 100 yard dash) and do gymnastics (I can’t do a backbend now to save my life!). The only thing I can still do now is a headstand.

3. The theme song for my HBCU's entering freshman class was “One Nation Under a Groove.” I still love that song and I can still do the dance that was popular at the time. Can any of you east-coasters of a certain age name the dance? Feet don’t fail me now!

4. I can’t stand getting into an unmade bed. If I didn’t make the bed in the morning, I have to make it up at night before I get in to go to sleep.

5. I can’t help counting things. Does that make me somewhat compulsive? If I’m doing a mindless solitary task like walking or riding, I’m almost always counting something - the number of steps I take as I walk or climb stairs, how many punch-buggies I see, how many heads of fake hair I’ll see before I get to my destination…

6. I’ve gotten 3 speeding tickets.

7. I can't whistle and I can just barely snap my fingers, and only with my left hand.


I know, I know - this is juicy stuff!

It took me so long to think about what to post, there's probably no one left to tag.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it is cool to read things about my fellow SL bloggers! Interesting about not being able to get into an unmade bed...and your hair looks great, by the way!

Aya said...

Brenda: Ijust love your humor. I get a kick out of reading your posts. I'd say constantly counting is a bit compulsive lol....

Blessings

ps. sure could use some of your advice on my recent post. thanks

Mel said...

Number 1 - How cool! My SO's uncle had an ice cream van. My SO and all his cousins had to work on it in the holidays. It sold 'exotic' soft scoop ice cream in flavours like Rum'n'Raisin and Mango.

I totally understand you on number 4!

Now, when can we see your hair again?!

Goodnapps said...

Oh you poor thing - too tramautized to eat soft serve ice cream anymore. I hope you didn't give it up all together.

only 3 speeding tickets? Is that throughout your entire driving career? If so, how did you manage that.

Goodnapps said...

oh shucks - I didn't even catch #7.
Me too!!

KnottyAuthor said...

what HBCU?
Hampton U. checking in here

Sisterlock Adoration said...

LOL! What a cute post. I have similar story to your ice cream post about Milk Duds:0)Also, I feel you on the #7. Thanks for responding to my tag!

Brenda said...

dstdiva - amazing how many kooky things many of us have in common.

aya - ya think?

mel - you're right, but I've got to actually do something new to it. I'm thinking...

goodnapps - yes, in my entire career. And it's been longer than you'd think! Lawd - I'm afraid to ask how many you've got.

cheleskilove - Howard!

Sisterlock adoration - And you're not willing to tell? We're waiting.