Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I finally got it up...

In a bun, that is! What were you thinking??!




On Saturday evening, I had to go to a dinner. I knew exactly what I was going to wear, but I hadn't given much thought to what I was going to do with my hair and I hadn't felt like curling it in advance. So I'm in the bathroom putting on my make up and I take my hair out of the ponytail I had it in. Hanging straight down didn't look very good, so I put it back up into a ponytail, but that wasn't dressy enough for the occasion. I remembered one time I tried to put my hair up and it worked, but I hadn't done it with all of my hair. With a half an hour to go before I had to leave, I started winding my hair around itself and this is what materialized! Amazingly, I did this on the first try. What's even more interesting is that that there is not one pin in the whole thing! Goodnapps - I was thinking about you the whole time!

Want to know how I did it? How to pics and instructions coming soon!

ps - I don't know why the picture won't enlarge - sorry!

17 comments:

Goodnapps said...

Why thank you my darling!!!!

It looks wonderful and I can't believe you are holding up all of that hair with no hair pins.

How did you manage that?

Mel said...

Wow Brenda, that is amazing! Your hair looks wonderful.

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Whoooiii!!! Tek time wid mi. Sista, you're looking fantabulocious! Ohhh, and the hair tie adds just the right finish.

KnottyAuthor said...

WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW YOU LOOK ELEGANT. I LOVE IT!

C & C said...

**singing** she's a bad mamma jamma, just as fine as she can be...

you are working that bun! i hope you enjoyed your event too! Peace

Abena Abena said...

WOW!!!! Now that is AMAZING!!!!! I can't wait to read the instructions.

Zaharah said...

Oh my gosh! Brenda, your hair looks ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. You look like an African princess. That's definitely hair magazine material. How were you able to make such a perfect bun?

Cluizel said...

Well wow! Goodness...

I'll stay tuned for the how to...hopefully I will remember it when I need it. :)

Quietspirit said...

Very nice!

Now how long do we have to wait for the instructions? It's getting hot out there and we need all the help we ca get.

blackrussian said...

I LOVE IT!!!

I can't wait until my hair is long enough for fabulous updos. That's the entire reason I want lots of length - not so I can have it down my back.

Beautiful! Magnifique! Bella!

ayankha said...

You know you got some skills! You look great. Question: Where did you get the hair tie? It adds the perfect punch.

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

The bun hair do looks really good. I love it!

Ms Stella said...

Sitting back day dreaming... one of these days I'll get to wind my locks atop my head and put them in a bun like Brenda...

Anonymous said...

Talk about a Nubian Queen. This is gorgeous. I have to wait a few more years before I can get this style. You wear it REGALLY!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It is still so hard for me to believe your hair is thin !!!!????!!!!

Anonymous said...

Girl your bun was so cool I had to try it myself... it turned out great! Thanks for the tips. This is really great for this hot weather getting the hair off the neck and also in a professional bun for an interview. Thanks for sharing.

vj