Monday, March 12, 2007

Some cheese to go with that Whine?

I was reminded by Bygbaby that I've fallen behind in my duties! I had started it, but got called out of town unexpectedly. Here's the recap post.

Did I miss something? When did ANTM Cycle 8
become the Renee and Jaslene Whine Fest? There was almost no one else who had anything to say. In the first episode, I originally thought Renee wasn't too bad, but after episode 2, her true colors are showing. She seems really petty, jealous and whiney. All she could do was boo-hoo about how all the others, and especially Jaslene, got a character that was easy to portray. "I could have done weird," "It's easy to do sexy!" Didn't she think the judges would have had more respect for her if she could have taken something goofy and far from her own personality and own it? And Jaslene wasn't much better (although this was a good look for her). She's so stuck on herself, she can't see that she ain't all that. She is waaaay too skinny for my taste. And that voice! Tyra needs to suggest she get a diction coach because she needs one at least as much as Danielle did.

Now y'all know I was just waiting for Natasha to get the boot! I didn't actually think that Samantha was all that bad. Yeah, she was really green, but she had a nice look - better than Ms. Greencard. And I understand that there's somewhat of a language barrier for her - she may not understand all the nuance, but she does speak the language. How hard can it be to understand teacher's pet? She's got one look - "Oh, look how cute I am!" And is it just me, or does she look really old? This one is just painful to look at! She's got to go!!!!

So, who's going to cry about getting their hair whacked off this week?? And how many feet of weave will be be looking at??

5 comments:

RedDredPrincess said...

LOL.... I was wondering where the recap was too! (and i just started reading your blog!)

I can't wait to see what new looks everybody gets! I saw a little glimpse in the preview for this week but I wonder what they are going to do to to people ---and i can't wait for them to get rid of that wig sewn into that girl's head!

And yeah, after last week, I am not sure Jaslene can survive the modeling industry -- can you say fragile and dramatic?

Tafari said...

Yesssss, thx for the recap (smile). Jaslene, was driving me nuts last week & I almost turned the channel, but my kids threatened me so I could not. I think Jaslene has the drama the show needs so I think she is going to be around for a while. I thought her winning photo was mediocre at best, I mean, I could have done that. She has such an overinflated opinion of herself, I wondering if she has a schizo narcissistic disorder

Natasha needs to get a clue, she was HORRIBLE!

I am looking forward to tomorrow to for more whining & to see what in the hell Jael is going to do wacko this week

Cluizel said...

Oh I can't wait for tonight! I know we will have the classic tears and whining. I am so evil, but I hope they do something dramatic to Renee so she can whine more and leave. I couldn't stand her from jump!

I am so happy to see the bad weaves go...I am sure they will be just replaced with more weaves...

Cluizel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

RDP - Yeah, Jaslene talks a good game, but when push came to shove, she crumbled! By far, I think the worst offender in the bad weave category is Cassandra. It looks like something crawled on top of her head and died! Maybe it was one of those animals Kathleen said they could use for its fur who had died of natural causes!

Bygbaby - You're right on the drama factor, which begs the question - don't any of the other girls (other than Jael who's crazy) even have a personality? I didn't see any of it last week.

Cluizel - Evil - you? Nah, I think Tyra takes things like who needs be taken down a peg into consideration when she decides who's getting what and Renee neeeeeds it. But it would definitely be sweet to watch them hack it off!