Thursday, February 01, 2007

What I'm willing to spill....

I try to check everyone on my bloglist everyday, but I must've missed Simply Mel on Wednesday. I read Creyole's late Wednesday evening, but she must've posted after I went to bed. When I checked her today, I found out she'd been tagged by Simply Mel. Curious to see who else Mel tagged, to my surprise, she tagged me! As I wrote on her blog, luckily, I'm still new to blogging that you all don't know that much about me yet. And yes, I still want cheesecake, Mel!

Here goes:

1. When I was in my first year of college, I was banned from one of the dorms because I used to spend the night in my boyfriend's room. Mind you, this was not a single-sex dorm and the girls who lived in that dorm were free to visit the boys who lived there anytime. However, if you didn't live there, you had to be out by midnight. But did that stop me from visiting? No! Since he lived on the second floor, I used to climb in the window using the bars on the first floor windows! Ah, youth...

2. In my lifetime, I've had about 24 different addresses in 7 states (although I lived in one state two different times). And I'm not even counting the temporary addresses I had during summer breaks from school when I didn't go home - if you count those, I think it adds 5 more.

3. While waiting for a train one Sunday in Brooklyn, NY, I was held up at knife point. He took a ring, a watch and about $20. When he tried to take my credit cards, I was able to avoid giving up my wallet by telling him that my cards wouldn't be any good to him since they were charged to the max! Score one for being a shopaholic!

4. My husband and I have known each other since before birth. How is this possible? His mom and mine were high school friends and kept a friendship throughout the years. He and I always referred to the others' mom as "aunt." He was born the day before me and we were in the same class from kindergarten through 6th grade. Although we were in different states during high school, when I would visit family in Brooklyn where he lived, we would go out. We went our separate ways after high school but kept in touch, personally and through family, and saw each other periodically. We finally reconnected in 2001 when I called him. We've been married for 4 years now and our anniversary directly follows our birthdays, one after the other. What's weird is I still call my mother-in-law Aunt. The picture on the top is from third grade. Can you guess which one is me and which is my DH? The one on the bottom is of us at 15 on the Board Walk at Coney Island.



















Who's next? Ayankha, Cheleskilove and Tanya.

Addendum: I realized after I posted this that I only had 4.

5. When the Jackson 5 were the hottest group, everyone liked Michael and Jermaine. But my best friend and I looooved us some Tito!

17 comments:

CloudNine said...

Your pictures are too cute!!! I can not believe that you and your DH have know each other for soo long...

Cluizel said...

Awwwwww...that picture is cute!

1. - Tsk tsk Howard... :)

Creyole said...

I'm really feeling this tagg thing..thanks Ms. Cluzel!

Brenda, that DH story is so sweet and the pictures are even sweeter!

Tito?? you are too brave for admitting that! :)

Abena Abena said...

This is great! Thanks for sharing your life with us and the story about you and your husband is so sweet. Now you sneaking in the your boyfriends dorm room.....ooohhhh Brenda, I never would have thought ((((Laughs)))

brunsli said...

You are so easy to spot! You look exactly the same.

I've been tagged, but I can't think of 5 things by blog readers don't know...

Brenda said...

Cloudnine - Yes, we truly have some remember when stories! And I can tease him about his 6th grade girlfriend!

Cluizel - Thanks. But Howard did finally teach me to do better!

Creyole - I laughed so hard when I admitted that! My girlfried and I were actually devastated when we found out he married DeeDee.

Chosen Vessel - What??! We were just sleeping!

Brunsli - Come on B! You gotta go waaaay back. Yeah, I guess I do. But did you spot him!

Mel said...

Brenda this is great - Cheescake is in the post! Spotted you straight away, but your hubby...?
Tito has just been a judge on a programme over here - he gave the most erratic scores I have seen in a long time. But he has started a new trend thanks to a hat he wore on the show - versions of it are on sale everywhere!
And I'm sure you've all heard about the programme Jermaine has been in...

C & C said...

what a cute story about you and your hubby! you are the little girl with the green bow and your husband is the little fella to the right of the middle boy with the glassess. am i right? oh, this is fun :-).

AB said...

Wow @ at the story about you and your DH that is so beautiful.

KDL said...

Thanks for sharing! I love the story of you and your hubby.

Brenda said...

Mel - I'll have to get a look at that hat.

Locizm - You're absolutely right! I guess I was easy, but how did you know it was him?

Mahogany - Thanks. I'll have to add you and read all about you from now on. Can't wait for your tag.

KDL - Thanks. So glad you're blogging again. Your new color and curls are great!

KnottyAuthor said...

LOL!
what am I s'pose to do?yikes!I did so enjoy your walk down memory lane!

Abena Abena said...

Mmmmm.....sure :) Just kidding.....

Goodnapps said...

I couldn't get over the amazing love story myself. You two are picture perfect.

Aya said...

You two look too cute. Thanks for welcoming me to the site.

ayankha said...

awwwww! that is sooo cute!

MEE said...

What a fun "5 things" to read!" I spotted you! Cute lil' 3rd grader!!! The story of you and your husband is delightful!

Maryee :-)